Passport Photos Near Me
Get your biometric photograph within 3 minutes, with your smartphone, comfortably from home.
How do our mobile and web apps work?
Snap the perfect biometric passport photo in under 3 minutes!
Find out just how simple it can be!
Take or upload a photo
Use a photo you already have or take a new one. We'll double-check it and make sure it passes all compliance tests.
Get your photo tuned-up by AI
Our AI system will crop, resize, and adjust the background of your image.
Get expert verification
One of our experts will carefully review your passport photo, providing you with feedback in under a minute!
Key benefits of using our passport photo tool
Get comfy at home, grab your phone, and snap a few pictures. End up with a result you’re 100% satisfied with!
No need to drive or wait in line. Take a photo wherever you are with only your smartphone.
Over a million users worldwide, 18 million photos processed, and thousands of 5-star reviews on TrustPilot.
Questions or doubts about your photos? Our photography experts and support agents will be happy to help you out.
Once you place your order, our AI and human expert will verify your photo to ensure it's 100% compliant.
Passport photo-taking tips
Follow these guidelines to create the perfect passport picture.
Consider the distance
Keep your front-facing camera 16–20 inch (40–50 cm) away from the face. For rear cameras, keep a 4–6 foot (1–2 meter) distance.
Keep your head and body straight
Look directly into the camera and avoid tilting your body. Remember, portrait mode is unacceptable for passport photos.
Prepare good lighting
Take your passport photos in a daylight setting, like near a window on a sunny day. Shadows on your face or in the background are not permitted.
Passport Photos Near Me - Requirements
Here’s a quick overview of all requirements for your photo.
Is it suitable for online submission?
Is it printable?
Image definition parameters
Head height: 1.29 in
Bottom of the Photo to the Eye Line: 1.18 in
Need more info on passport photos? Read these FAQs
At this moment, you may be wondering: where to get a US passport photo near me? There are tons of places where you can get a passport photo in the US right away. Different stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Walmart or CVS pharmacies offer their clients the chance to get a US passport photo in Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, Texas, or wherever you are. US citizens can find passport photo booths in the most crowded areas of the city easily, though wouldn’t it be even easier to get US passport pictures from the comfort of your own home? This way, you will save time and be free to enjoy the afternoon along with your friends or family.
Where can I get a passport photo taken near me? Taking a US passport photo online takes just a few seconds, and it’s possible thanks to an online US passport photo tool like PhotoAiD.
Photos obtained with the PhotoAiD passport photo editor have a 200% guarantee of being accepted, as this online US passport photo service ensures that your passport picture meets the official photo requirements stated by the US government.
Where to take a passport photo near me?
Photo printing kiosks are located all over the country, though the average price is pretty high (over $10). That is why our readers should disregard getting their US passport photos in a store. What other passport photo locations are near me? Have you considered taking your passport photos from home? Benefit from the many advantages of taking a passport photograph online.
Save time and money thanks to PhotoAiD, the advanced US online passport photo tool which is able to resize your picture to the right photo dimensions, add a plain white background to the image and many other things. Its AI system detects any errors, which may cause photo rejection, and notifies users so they can take a new picture and ensure the photo will be accepted when attending the US passport office. Now you might be thinking, “If there’s a way I can get the photos taken and edited from the comfort of my own home, why am I even thinking about where to go to get my photo taken?” That’s exactly the kind of thinking we are looking to inspire.
Places to get passport photos near me
Your next question must surely be, “Where to take a US passport-size photo near me?” Relax and take your US passport pictures from home, It doesn’t matter whether you are in California, Arizona, Colorado, or in any of the states. The PhotoAiD app can be used from anywhere in the US, and all over the world. All you need is an internet connection and a smartphone or tablet. This is actually a way to save some money too, so there are plenty of reasons for you to prefer to take a US passport picture on the spot. An online photo booth offers you many advantages and PhotoAiD even commits to paying you back in case they reject your picture at the passport office, unlike other photo services. More importantly, 99% of photos taken at PhotoAiD are valid.
Passport photo studios near me
No matter what city you are in, you will find a photo studio near you. Be sure to make your appointment in advance, as most studios require their clients to make a reservation by phone at least one day before. If you are looking for a place to have your passport photo taken instantly, it would be best to opt for a photo booth instead, which is available at various stores in the United States such as Costco, Walgreens (where you can get Walgreens passport photos), CVS, or Walmart. Another option would be to take your photo whenever you want, without leaving your home, thanks to an online photo booth like PhotoAiD.
Passport photo booth near me
The probability of finding a photo booth near you is quite high, as lots of stores now offer instant passport photo services. But have you ever heard about online passport photo booths? Imagine taking your passport photos on your lunch break at the office, while coming back home by bus, or waiting in a queue. Just grab your phone and take a photo!
Digital passport photos near me
Some people may be wondering “where can I get a digital copy of my passport photo?”, but that is because they are not aware of the enormous advances experienced by the Artificial Intelligence system in online photo tools in the last few years. The PhotoAiD tool will not only let you get a digital passport photo in a minute, but to receive 2 (two) printed copies of your passport picture at home. This way, the PhotoAiD online photo tool adjusts to the needs of those who prefer to apply in person, as we have always done, though you can save time, in order to attend to other needs, by choosing this online service. PhotoAiD offers you a full guarantee that US authorities will accept your 2x2 photo.
8 reasons why you should use an online photo booth
Choose a better, cheaper, and faster way to get your US passport photos. Download PhotoAiD, the most acclaimed online US passport photo creator, with over a million downloads from both the App Store and Google Play. Here we provide you with some reasons as to why you should benefit from a US online photo booth and you will stop asking, “where to get passport photos near me?”:
- It is possible to get a passport picture in 3 seconds.
- PhotoAiD’s AI system ensures that your picture meets official passport photo requirements.
- Your photo has a guarantee of being accepted, so in the rare event that it’s rejected by official authorities, you’ll get double your money back and a new chance to create a passport image.
- The number of shots you can take is unlimited. Once you get the perfect photo, upload it to the US passport photo generator.
- You can try different outfits, makeup, and hairstyles to find the perfect look that will make you feel like showing off your photo to everyone you meet. Remember that this photo will be with you for the next few years so of course you need to like it!
- Where can I take a passport picture? Feel confident from the comfort of your own home and save yourself some stress.
- You save time as you can take your photos from home and avoid attending a photo store that might have long queues.
- This online photo creator has different offers available to its users, starting from $0!
- Free US passport photos. Download the PhotoAiD mobile app and get a free US passport photo template, ready to print in a 4x6 inch size (postcard size) at any photo printing kiosk for less than $1
- Premium Service ($6.95) - Get a digital passport photo that is ready to download and attach to your online application. Your photo will be automatically transformed into the right size, the photo background will be removed and a plain white background will be added to your picture in its place
- Premium Service and Delivery for $9.95 - Receive 2 (two) printed passport photos right to your doorstep
Taking the right US passport photo near me
It is not so much the where that matters, but the how. I bet there are various stores where you can get your passport photo near you, whether near your house, your job, or study/training center. Whether you prefer to use a traditional photo booth or take a passport picture online, what you should really take into consideration are the official passport photo requirements. The US government state that a passport photo must:
- Be 2x2 inches. Any other photo size will cause your passport application to be rejected.
- For digital passport photos, the correct dimensions are 600x600px.
- Be taken in front of a plain white background.
- Show a person’s facial features clearly.
- Not contain shadows on your face or the background.
- Have good lighting and be evenly lit, showing off your natural skin tone.
- Not contain any flaws such as stains, the red-eye effect, blurring, etc.
There are other requirements when taking a passport picture and the subject must follow the official guidelines for a US passport photograph, which are:
- You should look straight at the camera.
- Keep your head centered, with your full face in view.
- Maintain a neutral facial expression, no smiling, frowning, grimacing or making faces of any kind.
- Dress appropriately. Do not cover your head or wear big/glossy jewelry. Religious clothing is allowed as long as you have a signed statement from a religious leader.
- Remove your glasses when taking the picture unless unable to do so for medical reasons, for which you will need a signed statement from your doctor.
Discover other documents we support
Frequently asked questions
Was this information helpful?
Let us know how useful you found this page
Rate this page
Number of votes: 109
End-to-end passport photo service on your smartphone!
Download our easy-to-use mobile app and let us help you take the perfect photo right from your smartphone. Find all the biometric photographs you need in one place. Monitor your order and get notified when your pictures are ready to use. Available for free for iOS and Android devices.