Baby Passport Photo Singapore
Get your biometric photograph within 3 minutes, with your smartphone, comfortably from home.
How do our mobile and web apps work?
Snap the perfect biometric passport photo in under 3 minutes!
Find out just how simple it can be!
Take or upload a photo
Use a photo you already have or take a new one. We'll double-check it and make sure it passes all compliance tests.
Get your photo tuned-up by AI
Our AI system will crop, resize, and adjust the background of your image.
Get expert verification
One of our experts will carefully review your passport photo, providing you with feedback in under a minute!
Key benefits of using our passport photo tool
Get comfy at home, grab your phone, and snap a few pictures. End up with a result you’re 100% satisfied with!
No need to drive or wait in line. Take a photo wherever you are with only your smartphone.
Over a million users worldwide, 18 million photos processed, and thousands of 5-star reviews on TrustPilot.
Questions or doubts about your photos? Our photography experts and support agents will be happy to help you out.
Once you place your order, our AI and human expert will verify your photo to ensure it's 100% compliant.
Passport photo-taking tips
Follow these guidelines to create the perfect passport picture.
Consider the distance
Keep your front-facing camera 16–20 inch (40–50 cm) away from the face. For rear cameras, keep a 4–6 foot (1–2 meter) distance.
Keep your head and body straight
Look directly into the camera and avoid tilting your body. Remember, portrait mode is unacceptable for passport photos.
Prepare good lighting
Take your passport photos in a daylight setting, like near a window on a sunny day. Shadows on your face or in the background are not permitted.
Baby Passport Photo Singapore - Size and Requirements
Here’s a quick overview of all requirements for your photo.
Is it suitable for online submission?
Is it printable?
Image definition parameters
Head height: 34.5 mm
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 3 mm
Need more info on passport photos? Read these FAQs
Singapore baby passport photo requirements
As for other official documents, you must submit a photo to facilitate identification during your travels and customs controls. The passport photo must respect all the requirements and characteristics imposed by the Singaporean government. We’ll break down each of these requirements so that you’ll be guaranteed to have your baby’s passport photo approved by the authorities. Here is a complete guideline to help you:
Singapore baby passport photo - size and dimensions
The baby passport photo in Singapore has the exact dimensions of 35x45 mm (width and height) which is considered the official passport size in many world countries. Any photo with a different size will not be accepted as it is a fundamental criterion for a passport photo. Bear in mind that the passport photo should also measure 400x514 in pixels if it is to be put on the passport application form.
Singapore baby passport photo - background, colours and lighting
It is primordial that the baby passport photo given is of high quality, with a high resolution, and adequate and even luminosity on the entire picture. The photo must be in colour and photos in black and white will be rejected by the government. You might as well make sure that the printed photo is not damaged in any way, nor bent or contain any trace that might result in a passport application rejection. There should also be enough lighting on the photo, but make sure not to use a flash to avoid any reflection, blinding, and “red-eye” effect on your baby’s passport photo.
On its part, the photo background must be plain white, but if you are taking the passport photo at home and don’t have a white wall, just use another background and our online photo editor will easily replace it with a perfect white background.
Singapore baby passport photo - clothes and accessories
For the passport photo, your baby must wear comfortable clothes which you use on a daily-life basis. Try to avoid white clothes as the background must already be plain white and there must be a sufficient contrast between the baby’s face and the background to highlight the face of your baby.
Regarding the accessories such as hats, headbands, or jewellery, it is advised to remove them while the picture is being taken to avoid covering any part of the face of the baby. Moreover, your baby should not hold a toy or other object as nothing must be visible on a passport photo except the applicant (here: your baby).
Most common errors on passport photos for baby Singapore
Unfortunately, sometimes people end up having their baby’s passport photo being rejected because of a simple mistake on the picture. This is often because they disregarded this important part of the passport application and did not really pay attention to the passport photo requirements.
In order to avoid that issue happening to you, we have compiled a list of common mistakes made that have to be avoided at all costs:
- The picture is blurry, dull, or has been modified and edited by using software such as Photoshop. If you can, take the picture with a camera or by using your smartphone. You can take many photos and choose the best one in your gallery.
- There are shadows visible on the passport photo (even slight). In that case, you need to pay extra attention to the lighting as it must light up the whole picture evenly. Nonetheless, slight shadows near your baby’s ears should not be problematic.
- The baby’s head is tilted or the eyes are not riveted on the camera. It might be difficult to make your baby look straight at the camera as it is still an infant and does not have the same attention span as children or adults. So it might take more shots than planned. You can try using a toy or shiny object to attract their attention.
- Insufficient lighting or use of flash on the passport photo: if you decide to take the passport photo at home, try to take it on a sunny day where you can take advantage of the daylight. Never use the flash as it can have a blinding or “red-eye” effect on the picture.
- The picture is too old or does not resemble your baby enough: you need to take a passport photo for your baby less than 3 months before the application’s procedure. If possible, do it days or weeks before applying to be sure the photo won’t be refused on that ground.
Of course, we recommend that you read all the requirements mentioned before to be sure to have the passport photo accepted.
Take your baby’s passport photo at home using PhotoAiD!
Taking your photos with PhotoAiD is the best idea if you want to avoid looking for a photo booth or professional photographer and save time and money at the same time! Even more, the Singaporean government is not as strict as other countries on that topic and allows citizens to take a passport photo using their smartphone or camera directly at home!
As taking a passport photo for a baby is harder than for a child or adult, you can always place your baby on a white sheet in a baby chair or on the bed: it is acceptable for a baby passport photo. Then, take the picture using your phone or camera and upload it on our website or mobile app and wait for the final result! You’ll only pay once you're satisfied with the passport photo!
PhotoAiD - what we offer
Have you finally decided to stay at home to take your baby’s passport photo? Let us convince you in this paragraph that using our online photo editor and generator is the best way to take baby passport photos online at home:
- Unlimited photos can be taken and uploaded in our app or directly on our website. Choose the one you think fits the most and let us take care of the rest!
- Professional service and review by photo experts! Both our app and website include software assisted by AI to ensure that all requirements are respected in the photo uploaded. Moreover, if you prefer to have your photos examined by humans, our team of experts in photography takes a second close look at your photos and verifies them!
- Passport photos guaranteed to be accepted! If your photos were to be rejected during the passport application, then we’ll refund you double the price you paid so that you have nothing to lose!
- Receive your digital photo ready to download for free, choose to have your baby passport photo modified and reviewed, or we can even send your printed passport photos directly to your mailbox at your postal address that you’ll have written on the application form within days.
Download the PhotoAiD mobile app for free for an easy use
Apart from our website, we also offer our clients around the world to download our free mobile app PhotoAiD on Google Play Store (if they have a smartphone of the brand Samsung, LG, Huawei, or Sony for instance) or on App Store if you have an iPhone or other Apple devices. It can be more convenient to have access rapidly to our services as there are the same on the mobile app as on our website! Also, you can have access to our free option only on the mobile app, so go ahead and download it!
Discover other documents we support
Frequently asked questions
Was this information helpful?
Let us know how useful you found this page
Rate this page
Number of votes: 65
End-to-end passport photo service on your smartphone!
Download our easy-to-use mobile app and let us help you take the perfect photo right from your smartphone. Find all the biometric photographs you need in one place. Monitor your order and get notified when your pictures are ready to use. Available for free for iOS and Android devices.